Why did they break "auto advance to next zone on finishing last area" with this latest update???
Upgrade button broken for me also, using chrome and Win8.. seems i'm not the only one
Great game until a few things I noticed....
1) orbs and etc are not explained.. and when I got 4 orbs for each player automatically when talking to a miniboss twice on second map.. no difference was noticed...
2) The 3rd pet I chose from above encounter also, (some purple pig looking thing) was said to make small attacks for me... It does make the movement and noise of an attack randomly.. but NO DAMAGE is being made.... is this a bug or are the pets just some kind of dumb joke that do nothing for you? Please respond and let me know why my pet does no damage.. i've even sat for a minute hitting no buttons and no damage was done to enemy (not even 1%) after it "appeared to attack" many times in a row. No numbers show as it does it attack as well...
Perhaps I should have chosen the healing pet.. but who knows if that one works at all also?
Just one comment... I loved this game btw 5 star! but i found one glitch where the level didnt end because the code thought there was one enemy alive. He was laying dead on the ground and the mimimap showed him as a red dot still... all I had to do was drop a mine field on him and it killed him (for the second time haha) but just letting you know you should look into this :) GREAT GAME btw!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE A SAVE FEATURE. ITS NOT HARD! I'VE MADE FLASH GAMES :(
BUT... Awesome game :) I love it but damn my browser crashed and I lost allllll my progress and I had the some 6th or 7th tier ships
Cool game but froze after I got pretty invincible :(
Well, thanks. I'm sad that you supermanned my game to. He's so lame, that boring ass alien (superman).
This is an awesome game, I just have one small comment and maybe I just haven't found the solution yet. But with the building the, "Foundry" which turns 10 iron into 1 gold per turn. I haven't found a way to counteract this iron mongering building. Nor a way to temporarily turn it off. None of the other buildings generate Iron (with the exception of the +1 Iron one), and the 1 gold it gives you is worth 10 silver which 10 iron is worth 20 silver. so you are taking a loss. and even if you are not concerned about the loss, and just want the iron. if you leave it on for any amount of time, you will eventually go to 0 iron and you have to wait 10 turns before it hits 10 and then makes 1 gold. So anytime you want to buy a building with iron, you have to purchase the amount you need each time with silver. In Essence no way to stockpile Iron. Am I missing something that would remedy this. It just doesn't seem worth the 1 gold per turn.
Other than that, AWESOME and fun game.
Cool concept. Awesome graphics/coding... BUT!!!!!!!!
But, But, But, But, But,
Correct me if i'm wrong... Isn't an octet 8... not 6???
Wouldn't that be a hectoman or similar? xD
or perhaps hed need 8 arms and 8 buttons not 6 for us to break our keyboards on o.0 :)
Well... I rarely give reviews are negative but since this game is featured on the front page I feel that I need to speak my comments about this one.
1) I can't speak for the whole game as i only played for about 15 minutes just FYI
2) Player movement is a little slow so when you only have your fists and you are trying to out menouver the enemy that has a gun its close to imposible.
3) the weapons are either underpowered (except grenade launcher it seems) or the enemies are overhealthed. i picked up some type of automatic weapon and there were 2 enemies on screen. I continually fired and tried jumping simultaneiously to avoid fire but it took too enough time to kill with the automatic riffle that the guy behind him got to hit me 3 times before i killed the first. and health is not in good supply it seems (never saw a health pickup so far)
4) controls could be better, id at least suggest switching the jump and attack buttons such that the fire button would be on the players primary index finger (makes it a little easier for most people) either that or make it similar to WSAD jumping and moving.
5) as said by many... the partner is useless and i didn't play enough to seem a reason switch to him as he does not seem to have a special attack or any other redeeming features. he also does not attack on his own :(
6) No upgrades or experience or powerups so far for the time i played. this gives the game very little REplayability
7) the main players special attack is good but the range is so short and makes it not that usefull because you have to get very close and by that time the enemy has shot you 15 times. (and now your dead)
8) i didn't play enough to find out if any of these points will change with game play but sadly the game did not hold enough of my interest (and i'm pretty easy to please usually)
I also want to say that although I said many negitive things... this game, without a doubt, had a lot of work put into it and should be praised in that regard. IMO it just needs a small amount of tweaking and possibly a small new feature or 2, and it would be 5 times better. The only reason i was so hard with my review is that it is on the FRONT PAGE, seeing as the quality of frontpage submissions is usually very high, i felt that I had to criticize also very high.
you have yourself a solid game with alot of care and love i'm sure, just the little things that i'm sure many would agree need to be changed or fixed to make it an exciting one!
Keep up the good work! Hope to see other great submissions in the future!
Have a great day author and every one else!
Thanks, you put alot of care and effort into your reviews. I appreciate the fact you understand that I put alot of work into this.
I see a new front page entry... :)
I spent around 6 hours straight on this and have nearly a 100% completion! this game is very very enjoyable even though i'm not usually a fan of platformers. and to the guy who says he didn't find a use for the last weapon. if you fully upgrade it it will be your only way to do the harder levels IMO and the minigames and other modes! Enjoy everyone!
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.